- Yield: 4 thick pancakes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
3-Ingredient Plantain Pancakes (Dairy & Gluten-Free)
- 175g (1 medium / 6oz) yellow (not green, not brown, somewhere in between!) plantain, peeled weight
- 2 large eggs or 1/2 cup (125ml) egg whites (I used egg whites and they were awesome!)
- Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
- Vanilla powder (optional) - 1/2 tsp
- Liquid stevia (optional) - 5-10 drops
- Coconut oil as needed for cooking
- Protein Chocolate Caramel
- Raw cacao powder - 1 tsp (5g)
- Whey protein isolate - 1 tbsp (10g)
- 1 tbsp (15ml) water or unsweetened almond milk, approx. (exact amount will depend on the protein powder used)
- Dark chocolate stevia drops - 5 drops
- Blend together all ingredients until smooth.
- Melt coconut oil in a pan over a medium heat.
- I used 1/3 cup measures (80ml) of the batter and made four big thick pancakes. Cook one to two pancakes at a time, four if you have a SUPER large pan!
- Cook for 3 minutes, gently flip and cook for 2-3 minutes more.
- For the caramel beat together ingredients until thick, glossy and smooth in a small dish. I use a teaspoon.
- Stack pancakes and top with caramel! If you place on top of the hot pancakes it will melt and absorb into the pancakes. I prefer to spread mine; each to they’re own!
Recipe posted with permission from the author
Recipe author: Michelle
Originally posted on: peachypalate.com