- Yield: 10-12 pancakes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
Banana Coconut Flour Pancakes (Dairy & Gluten-Free)
- Eggs - 3
- Small/med overripe bananas, mashed well - 2
- Full fat coconut milk, blended prior to using, if separated - ½ cup
- Pure maple syrup (adjust to preference, you can also use another liquid sweetener that you prefer) - 1-2 tbsp
- Pure vanilla extract - 1 tsp
- Coconut flour - 6 tbsp
- Tapioca flour - 3 tbsp
- Baking soda - ½ tsp
- Pinch salt
- Coconut oil for greasing pan/griddle
- Sliced bananas, berries, coconut whipped cream and/or extra
- Maple syrup for serving
- Whisk together all wet ingredients, or mix with an electric hand mixer. Combine the dry ingredients separately, then add them to the wet mixture and stir until well combined and smooth.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet or griddle over med low/med heat. These pancakes will cook more evenly if they cook on a lower setting for a bit longer.
- Coat the skillet or griddle with a thin layer of coconut oil, no too much, since you will add more after each batch.
- Spoon the batter by about 3-4 tbsp carefully into the hot pan and smooth into an even circle, 3-4 inches in diameter. Do not crowd! You can keep the cooked pancakes on a parchment lined baking sheet in 200 degree oven until ready to eat.
- Allow each pancake to cook on one side until edges are dry, bubbles form on the surface and the bottom is deep golden. Carefully flip and cook the second side until golden. Repeat for all pancakes, greasing the pan lightly with coconut oil between batches and adjusting the heat as necessary.
- This recipe makes 10-12 pancakes or about 4 servings. Serve with berries, sliced bananas, coconut whipped cream and maple syrup if desired. Enjoy!
- You can save unused batter covered in the refrigerator up to 4 days.
Recipe from: paleorunningmomma.com