Chia Tapioca Pudding with Fruit (Vegan, Gluten-Free)
- Chia seeds, white or black - 3 tablespoons
- Unsweetened coconut milk or your favorite nut milk - 3/4 cup
- Vanilla - 1 teaspoon
- A sprinkle of ground cinnamon (optional)
- Optional sweetener to taste: I suggest 1-2 tablespoons Just Like Sugar Table Top natural chicory root sweetener, or 1/2 to 1 teaspoon PureLo Lo Han Sweetener by Swanson, or a bit of raw honey, or your favorite sweetener
- Low-sugar fruit such as raspberries, blueberries, kiwi, strawberry, Granny Smith apple - 3/4 cup
- In a cereal bowl, stir together the chia seeds, alternative milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and sweetener, if using. Let it sit for 15 minutes or overnight, and the chia seeds will expand, soften, and absorb the liquid.
- Top with your favorite fruit. Or you can layer the pudding and fruit alternately in a tall glass. Enjoy!
Recipe posted with permission from the author
Recipe author: Jane Barthelemy
Originally posted at: janeshealthykitchen.com