Chocolate Glazed Donuts (Dairy & Gluten-Free)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease 6-mold donut pan with coconut oil.
- Combine almond flour and baking soda in large bowl.
- Combine maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, vanilla extract, coconut oil and egg yolks (set aside the egg whites) in a separate medium bowl.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and set aside.
- Whisk the egg whites together until firm peaks form then fold egg whites into the batter.
- Distribute the batter evenly between the 6 molds.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until lightly golden then allow the donuts to cool.
- Microwave the dark chocolate and the coconut oil together in a glass bowl for 15 seconds at a time until melted, stirring in between.
- Use a knife to “frost” each donut then chill in the refrigerator until the glaze hardens.
Recipe posted with permission from the author
Recipe author: The Paleo Panda
Originally posted at: thepaleopanda.com