Classic Cobb Salad (Dairy & Gluten-Free)
- For the salad
- Eggs - 4
- Bacon - 6 slices
- Romaine or iceberg lettuce, finely chopped - 3 cups
- Cherry tomatoes, halved - 1 cup
- Black or green olives - ½ cup
- Avocado, peeled, pitted and diced - 1
- Cooked chicken breasts, chopped - 2 cups
- For the dressing
- Olive oil - ¼ cup
- Apple cider vinegar - 1 tbsp
- Dijon mustard - 1 tbsp
- Honey - 1 ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Place the eggs in a saucepan.
- Fill with cold water, covering the eggs by an inch.
- Add salt. Bring the water to a rolling boil over high heat.
- Cover with a lid and remove from the heat. Let the eggs sits for 10-12 minutes.
- Drain and place the eggs in a bowl of ice water to cool.
- Cool for 10 minutes, peel and dice into small pieces. Set aside.
- To make the dressing, place all the ingredients in a small bowl and mix to combine. Season with salt to taste and set aside.
- Add bacon to a cold skillet. Cook for 15 minutes over medium heat, flipping once halfway through. Once cooked, place on a paper towel to drain and cool.
- Chop into small pieces and set aside.
- In a bowl, toss together finely chopped lettuce and dressing.
- Transfer to a serving platter.
- Top with chicken, avocado, bacon, eggs, olives and cherry tomatoes.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe from: paleogrubs.com