- Yield: 24 – 36 brownies
Dark Chocolate Raspberry Rose Brownies (Dairy & Gluten-Free)
- Large eggs - 4
- Vanilla extract - 1
- 2 teaspoons Rose Water or 2 drops culinary-grade rose essential oil.
- Unprocessed salt - 1/2 teaspoon
- Zest of 1/2 orange, finely grated
- 1 3/4 cups sweetener to taste, such as Just Like Sugar Table Top natural chicory root sweetener, or your favorite dry granulated sweetener
- Coconut oil - 1/4 cup
- 3/4 cup or 170 grams coconut butter (If mixing by hand, soften the coconut butter gently by placing it in a warm place. If using a food processor, you can weigh it and put it in if it is solid.)
- Pure cacao powder - 1/2 cup
- Fresh raspberries, or the equivalent frozen - 1 6-oz. package
- 1 cup coarsely chopped nuts, soaked and toasted if possible
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Line a 9 x 9 or 8 x 8-inch pan with parchment paper so it hangs over the sides like handles. (I use photo clips to hold it in place.)
- In a food processor or mixing bowl, add the eggs, vanilla, rose water, salt, orange zest, and sweetener. Mix well until smooth.
- Add coconut oil and coconut butter. Mix well again until smooth and lumps are gone.
- Add cacao powder, and mix again. The batter will be very thick. Sample it. Adjust the sweetener and flavoring to your taste. Then pulse in the raspberries and nuts very briefly, so they remain in little chunks.
- Spoon into the baking pan and bake 20 – 22 minutes. Do not over-bake or they will be dry and hard. Chill 1 hour for easier slicing.
Recipe posted with permission from the author
Recipe author: Jane Barthelemy
Originally posted on: janeshealthykitchen.com