- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
Five Spice Paleo Chicken Tenders + Sauce (Dairy & Gluten-Free)
- Chicken Tenders
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into ? - 1 pound
- Almond flour or almond meal - 1 cup | 96 grams
- Chinese five spice - 1 teaspoons
- Paprika - 1/2 teaspoon
- Ginger powder - 1/2 teaspoons
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Sea salt - 1 teaspoon
- Eggs, whisked - 2
- Oil for greasing the pan
- Sweet & Spicy Dipping Sauce
- Apple cider vinegar - ¼ cup | 60 ml
- Honey or maple syrup - 2-3 tablespoons
- Garlic powder, optional - ¾ teaspoon
- Hot pepper flakes - ¾ teaspoon
- Tomato paste - 1 tablespoon
- Coconut Aminos - 1 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F
- Grease a large baking sheet.
- In a large, shallow bowl mix together the almond flour, five spice, paprika, ginger, turmeric and sea salt.
- One by one, dredge your chicken pieces in the mixed eggs, let the excess egg drip off before laying the chicken down in the almond mixture. Press the chicken down in the almond flour to coat well, and then do the same on the other side. Transfer to the greased baking tray and repeat until all the chicken in coated. Spray the chicken pieces with cooking oil (olive oil in a spray bottle is great if you don't want to use refined oils) Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Once finished, remove from the oven and serve with the dipping sauce.
- While the chicken is baking in the oven work on the dipping sauce. Add all of the ingredients needed to small pan. Mix together until no lumps remain and then warm the mixture on a medium heat and bring to a boil. Once it reaches a boil, lower the temperature to medium low and let it simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring often. Make sure to taste and season with salt as needed.
Recipe from: asaucykitchen.stfi.re