Garlic Chili Mushrooms (Whole30, Keto, Vegan)
- Olive oil - 2 tablespoons
- Shallots (or ½ white onion) sliced thinly - 2
- ½ long red chilli (banana chilli), sliced or ½ teaspoon chilli flakes
- Cremini/Swiss brown mushrooms, sliced - 150 g / 5 oz
- Oyster mushrooms, halved or cut into 3 pieces depending on size - 200 g / 6-7 oz
- Lemon zest or finely chopped lemon rind - 1 teaspoon
- Butter - 20 g / 1 heaped tablespoon
- Enoki mushrooms (one cluster) - 100 g / 3 oz
- Garlic, sliced - 3 cloves
- Sea salt - 1 teaspoon
- Lemon juice (about ⅓ of a lemon) - 2 tablespoons
- Preheat a large frying pan over high heat first. It's important that the pan is hot before you add the mushrooms so that they start grilling rather than stewing!
- Add the olive oil together with shallots, chili, Swiss brown and oyster mushrooms. Leave the enoki mushrooms till later as they don't need much cooking.
- Cook the mushrooms over medium-high heat for 10 minutes, stirring a few times along the way. Add half of the butter halfway through.
- After 10 minutes, add the lemon zest, the rest of the butter, enoki mushrooms and garlic. I recommend to move the mushrooms already in the pan to the sides and free up the middle for the enoki mushrooms so they can brown slightly. Season with salt and lemon juice and cook everything for a further 3-4 minutes, stirring a couple of times. Keep the heat medium-high and if it looks like the mushrooms haven't browned well, then increase the heat to high for a minute or two at the end.
Recipe from: eatdrinkpaleo.com.au