Healthy Snickers Pie (Vegan, Dairy & Gluten-Free)
- Cocoa powder - 5 tbsp
- Medjool dates, pitted - 12
- Sea salt - 1/2 tsp
- Nut of choice - 1 c (I like cashews and almonds best, with walnuts shortly behind - you can even MIX nuts if you're CRAZY)
- Unsweetened dried coconut - 1 c
- Vanilla extract - 1 tsp
- Caramel Layer
- Medjool dates, pitted, soaked in boiling water for 10 min and then drained - 10
- Ghee or coconut oil - 3 tsp
- Vanilla extract - 2 tsp
- Unsalted almond butter - 3 tbsp
- Peanut Butter Mousse
- Full-fat coconut milk, refrigerated overnight - 2 cans
- Peanut butter or or almond butter or sun butter - 3/4 c
- Maple syrup - 2 tbsp
- Vanilla extract - 1/2 tsp
- Pinch sea salt
- Dark chocolate of choice, for drizzling (optional) - 1/2 cup
- Add all CRUST ingredients to a food processor and process until smooth and able to be stuck together, then press into a parchment lined 8" round pie pan. The parchment lining is really important - you won't be able to get the pie out if you don't use the parchment paper. Place in freezer to set while you make caramel ingredients.
- Add all the CARAMEL ingredients to the food processor (no need to clean between making this and the crust) and process until very smooth. Spread an even layer atop pie crust and return to freezer.
Peanut Butter Mousse
- Open the coconut milk cans and scoop out solid white coconut cream (save the remaining coconut water for a smoothie). Add to food processor with remaining MOUSSE ingredients, then process until smooth. Spread evenly atop of caramel layer, then return to freezer.
- If desired, top with an additional drizzle of dark chocolate, melted in a double boiler or microwave.
- Freeze overnight, and store in freezer but let de-thaw on counter for about 10 min before serving your very own healthy snickers pie.
Recipe from: sproutedroutes.com