Instant Pot BBQ Meatballs (Whole30, Gluten-Free)
- For the Cherry BBQ Sauce:
- Ghee or coconut oil - 1 tbsp
- Sweet onion, diced - 1 cup
- Garlic cloves, minced - 2
- Apple cider vinegar - 1/4 cup
- Organic frozen dark cherries - 2 cups
- Stone ground mustard - 1 tbsp
- Sea salt - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/2 tsp
- For the meatballs:
- Ground pork - 1 lb
- Egg - 1
- Sweet onion, minced - 1/4 cup
- Turn Instant Pot on and press the “Sauté” button, then add ghee to pot.
- Once ghee is melted, add in onions and sauté until translucent then add in garlic and stir until fragrant.
- Add in remaining Cherry BBQ Sauce ingredients, select the “Manual” button and set the time for 5 minutes.
- While the BBQ cooks, mix together meatball ingredients in a large bowl.
- Use a 1 tablespoon cookie scoop to create uniform meatballs, then roll between your palms and set onto a cookie sheet. Creates 16-17 meatballs.
- Place cookie sheet into fridge.
- Once the pressure cooker hits zero, do a quick release. After all the steam releases, remove the lid.
- Add meatballs to the sauce and spoon the sauce over all the meatballs.
- Press the “Manual” button again, and set to 5 minutes.
- Once the pressure cooker hits zero, do a quick release again then remove the meatballs.
- Set pressure cooker to “Sauté”, and reduce sauce for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Recipe from: plaidandpaleo.com