Instant Pot Chicken Breasts (Dairy & Gluten-Free)
- Oil (I use avocado, but you can use coconut or canola - something with a high smoke point is best!) - 1 tbsp
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts (uncooked) - 3
- Garlic salt per chicken breast (or you can use just garlic powder and regular salt) - 1/4 teaspoon
- Dash black pepper
- Dried Oregano - 1/8 teaspoon
- Dried basil - 1/8 teaspoon
- Water - 1 cup
Preheat the sauté function on the Instant Pot at the highest setting, and add oil to the pot.
Season one side of the chicken breasts.
After the display reads "hot," carefully add the chicken breasts, seasoned side down, to the pot. I use tongs to avoid hot oil splatter.
Add seasoning on the second side.
Cook about 3 to 4 minutes on each side, and remove from pot with the tongs.
Add 1 cup water to the pot (may need more for 8 quart pots), plus the trivet.
Place the chicken on the trivet.
Lock the lid, and cook on manual high for 5 minutes.
Allow the chicken to naturally release for 5 minutes, and then quick release the rest.
Remove the chicken from the pot, and allow to rest for about 5 minutes before serving for maximum juiciness.
Note: Regarding chicken breast sizes, each breast was between 6 and 8 ounces. (6.7, 7.3 and 7.7 to be exact!) Also, butterflied (halved) chicken breasts or chicken cutlets will not have the same cook time as whole chicken breasts. I recommend using whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts for this recipe.
Recipe from: apinchofhealthy.com