Luscious Lemon Cupcakes (AIP, Dairy & Gluten-Free)
- Granulated sweetener or sucanat - 1 2/3 cups
- Medium-shredded unsweetened coconut flakes - 1 2/3 cups
- Arrowroot flour - 3 tablespoons
- Baking soda - 1/2 teaspoon
- Unprocessed salt - 1/4 teaspoon
- Zest of 2 lemons
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice - 1/4 cup
- Large eggs or gelatin eggs, at room temperature - 4 (3 for gelatin eggs)
- Apple cider vinegar - 1 teaspoon
- Pure vanilla extract - 1 1/2 teaspoons
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 12-cupcake pan with coconut oil and dust with coconut flour or arrowroot flour.
- In a dry food processor fitted with the “S” blade, grind the sweetener to a very fine powder. Add the shredded coconut to the sweetener in the food processor. Spin it for a minute until a very fine powder. Open the lid, stir the bottom, replace the lid, and grind again until the powder is fine.
- To the ingredients in the food processor, add the arrowroot, baking soda, and salt. Mix well.
- To the dry ingredients in the food processor, add the lemon zest, lemon juice, eggs, vinegar, and vanilla. Mix briefly.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan. Bake for 20 to 24 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool completely on a rack before removing from the pan. Frost and enjoy!
Click here for Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting recipe.
Recipe posted with permission from the author
Recipe author: Jane Barthelemy
Originally posted on: janeshealthykitchen.com