- Yield: 15
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
Meatball (Low-Carb, Dairy & Gluten-Free)
- Onion, diced fine - 1 Cup
- Red Pepper, diced fine - ½ Cup
- Garlic, minced - 2-3 Cloves
- Olive Oil - 2 TBSP
- Ground Chuck - 1 LB
- Ground Pork - 1 LB
- Egg - 1
- Dried Basil - 1.5 TSP
- Dried Oregano - 1.5 TSP
- Granulated Garlic - 1 TSP
- Granulated Onion - 1 TSP
- Red Pepper Flakes - 1 TSP
- Kosher Salt - 1.5 TSP
- Fresh Cracked Pepper
- Heat a large, heavy bottom pan with a tight fitting lid over medium high heat. Add the olive oil. When the oil shimmers, add in the onion and a pinch of salt. Cook for 3 minutes. Add in the red peppers. Cook for 3 minutes. Add in the garlic and cook for 2 minutes more, stirring frequently.
- Remove the pan from the heat and scoop the onion mixture into a large bowl. Add in the pork, beef and all remaining ingredients. Mix well to incorporate all the spices throughout all the meat.
- Form your meatballs by breaking off some meat from the bowl and rolling between your palms. The size is up to you, but keep in mind that larger meatballs take longer to cook. Place the formed meatballs on a plate until all the meat mixture is used.
- Reheat the pan over medium-high heat. Add in 2-3 TBSP olive oil. When the oil is hot, start adding the meatballs into the pan. Rotate them every minute or so for even browning.
- When they are all brown, cover the pan and reduce the heat to low.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Recipe posted with permission from the author
Recipe author: Scott G
Originally posted on: idratherbeachef.com