Paleo Coconut Chicken (Dairy & Gluten-Free)
- First cut the chicken breast into strips.
- Using a heavy object such as the bottom of a pot or a meat tenderizer beat the chicken out until it is an even thickness.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl.
- In a different bowl, add the shredded coconut.
- Dip chicken first into the bowl of egg and then into the bowl of shredded coconut.
- Repeat until you have done all the chicken strips then place to the side.
- In a pan over medium heat, add about 4 Tbsp. of coconut oil.
- Once the oil has heated, add the coated chicken.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes on each side.
- Once golden brown and the chicken is cooked all the way through, remove from the pan.
- Serve & Enjoy
- If you don’t want fry these then you can instead bake them in the oven. I recommend placing them in the oven and cooking for about 10-15 minutes at 200°C/400°F.
- Cooking time will vary depending on how thick the pieces of chicken are. Be careful as is if they are too thick then they will not cook all the way through.
- When you go to fry these try and make sure you don’t play around with them too much otherwise the coating will start to fall off. I personally try to only flip once.
- Then frying them try to keep the pan at a medium heat as any higher and you will find the coconut start to burn.
- You can check to see if the chicken is cooked by either cutting them open or by using a meat thermometer. The internal temperature should be at least 75°C/165°F