- Yield: 8 small sandwich rounds
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
Paleo Sandwich Rounds (Dairy & Gluten-Free)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat mat.
- Put the carrots and coconut in your food processor and blend for about 30-60 seconds, until the mixture looks like orange crumbs. Add everything else into the food processor and blend until smooth, about another minute.
- Divide into 8 parts and form into rounds on the baking sheet. If necessary, slightly dampen your hands to flatten the rounds and prevent the dough from sticking to your hands. The rounds should be a bit thicker than 1/4 inch - not too thin, or they won't hold together.
- Bake for about 15-17 minutes until slightly browned on the bottom and dry on the top. Let cool for a few minutes before removing from the pan. These are best eaten within an hour of baking.
- You can make extra and freeze these! Let cool, then freeze in a freezer-safe bag. I recommend putting pieces of parchment or waxed paper in-between the sandwich rounds to prevent them sticking to each other. When you want some, let them thaw out at room temperature then toast slightly under the broiler or in a toaster oven. You could try putting them in a regular toaster, but they are a bit delicate so just be careful.
Recipe from: empoweredsustenance.com