Watermelon-Lime Gummies (AIP, Dairy & Gluten-Free)
- Place cut up chunks of watermelon into a blender, and mix until smooth. You'll want to end up with 3 cups of watermelon juice.
- Place half of the juice into a small saucepan, and heat on very low. Don't overheat - you want it almost hot but never at a boil or too hot to touch.
- Meanwhile, put the other half of the juice into a bowl. Add the lime juice. Start to slowly add in the gelatin, one sprinkle at a time, mixing with an immersion blender or whisk the whole time, to avoid the gelatin clumping. For more of a jello-consistency, add 2 Tablespoons. If you want to make more of a gummy-like candy, add 8 Tablespoons gelatin.
- Once mixed, slowly add the warm watermelon into the gelatin/watermelon mix, stirring as you go.
- - Pour into molds, or into a lightly greased (with coconut oil) 8x8 or 8x10 pan. Refrigerate for 2 hours before removing from molds.
Recipe posted with permission from the author
Recipe author: January Newland
Originally posted on: januarywellness.com