- Prep Time: 15 minutes
3-Ingredient Bounty Protein Bars (Dairy & Gluten-Free)
- Paleo protein powder - 4.5 tbsp (45g)
- Unsweetened desiccated coconut - 3/4 cup (60g)
- Water - 45ml – 60ml (3 tbsp – 1/4 cup)
- Pinch of vanilla powder or 1/4 tsp vanilla extract (completely optional)
- Dr. Coys Coconut Chocolate bars; - 1.5 bars approx. 45-50g (1.5 – 1.8oz)
- Mix together coconut, whey protein and vanilla if using.
- Add 45ml of water, mix to combine; add a little more water to achieve a slightly sticky dough consistency. You should be able to mould it with your hands though you will need to dampen them to prevent them getting too sticky!
- Mould the mixture into three bars/blocks. Place onto a parchment paper lined plate or tray and put into the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, finely chop the chocolate, place into a microwave safe bowl or jug and heat on high for 2 – 2.5 minutes, stopping every 30 seconds to stir.
- Remove the bars from the freezer. One at a time dunk in the chocolate, lifting up and shaking off the excess using a large fork.
- Gently place back onto the baking paper lined plate or tray. Repeat with remaining two bars.
- Drizzle bars with any remaining chocolate. Allow to set at room temperature for 10 minutes or place in to the fridge; depending on the climate!
- Store in the fridge in a seal tight container for up to one week or the freezer for up to one month.
Recipe posted with permission from the author
Recipe author: Michelle
Originally posted on: peachypalate.com