- Cook Time: 1h 10 min
Apple Crumble Crisp (Vegan, Dairy & Gluten-Free)
- For Filling:
- Medium-sized apples - 6
- Cinnamon - According to taste
- Nutmeg - According to taste
- Ginger - According to taste
- Ground cloves - According to taste
- Arrowroot - According to taste
- For CrumbleCrisp:
- Almond meal - 1 1/2 cups
- Chia seeds - 1/4 cup
- Unsweetened, shredded coconut - 1 cup
- Coconut oil - 1/2 cup
- Raw honey - 2 Tbsp
- Cinnamon - 2 tsp
- Nutmeg - 1 tsp
- Rea salt - 1/4 tsp
- Raw almonds, chopped - 1/2 cup
- Dried apricots, chopped - 1/4 cup
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and grease a pie dish with coconut oil
- Peel, core and slice your apples into super-thin slices.
- Layer the apple slices in the pie dish while sprinkling cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves between each layer.
- When your pie dish is filled with apples, start preparing the crisp topping.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients and honey into a bowl
- Add the coconut oil little by little until the mixture starts to stick to itself and becomes crumbly.
- Cover the apples in the crumblecrisp topping and cover with foul.
- Bake covered for 60 minutes, then remove the foil and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack and then enjoy.
Recipe posted with permission from the author
Recipe author: Allison
Originally posted on: friskylemon.com