Apple Muffins with Crumb Top (Dairy & Gluten-Free)
- Crumb top:
- Almond flour - 5 tbsp
- Coconut oil soft - 2 tbsp
- Coconut sugar - 3 tbsp
- Cinnamon - 1.5 tsp
- Pinch sea salt
- Muffin Batter:
- Eggs - 4
- Almond milk unsweetened, or other dairy-free milk you prefer - 1/4 cup
- Coconut sugar - 6 tbsp
- Coconut oil - 3 tbsp
- Med/large apple peeled and shredded, excess water squeezed out - 1
- Pure vanilla extract - 1 1/2 tsp
- Fresh lemon juice - 1 tbsp
- Blanched almond flour - 1 cup
- Coconut flour - 1/4 cup
- Tapioca flour - 1/3 cup
- Cinnamon - 2 tsp
- Nutmeg - 1/2 tsp
- Sea salt - 1/4 tsp
- Baking soda - 1 tsp
- Med/large apple peeled and finely diced - 1
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F and line a 12 cup muffin pan with parchment liners.
- Combine crumb mixture ingredients in a bowl with a fork until combined (it should look like crumbs) then chill while you prepare muffin batter.
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl, except the coconut sugar, and set aside.
- Whisk together eggs, almond milk, vanilla, sugar, grated apple, coconut oil and lemon juice in a large bowl until well combined
- Gently stir dry ingredients into wet until no flour spots show, then fold in finely diced apples.
- Scoop into 12 lined muffin cups evenly and sprinkle the chilled crumb topping over each one. Bake in preheated oven 15-20 mins or until muffins rise and toothpick inserted into center of one muffin comes out clean. Allow to cool completely on wire racks before serving. Enjoy!
Recipe from: paleorunningmomma.com