Avocado Brownies w/ Avocado Frosting (Dairy & Gluten-Free)
- Dark chocolate (chopped or chips) - 300 g
- Coconut oil - 2 tbsp
- Hass avocados, pitted and peeled - 2-4
- Honey or maple syrup - 1/2 cup
- Vanilla extract - 1 tsp
- Eggs, at room temperature - 3
- Cocoa powder - 1/2 cup
- 1/2 cup less 1 Tbsp. coconut flour
- For the Avocado Frosting:
- Hass avocado, pitted and peeled - 1, medium sized
- Unsweetened cocoa powder - 3 Tbsp
- Maple syrup - 3 Tbsp
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line the base and sides of a 9 x 13 in pan with parchment paper, allowing some overhang.
- Put the dark chocolate and coconut oil in a bowl set over simmering water, without it touching the water.
- Melt the chocolate, stirring until smooth then remove from heat and set aside.
- Place the avocado into a food processor or blender and process/blend until smooth.
- Stir the avocado, honey and vanilla extract into the cooled chocolate.
- Next, add the eggs, one at a time, making sure each is well mixed before adding the next.
- Stir in the coconut flour and cocoa powder until the batter is smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread to cover the pan and fill the corners. Smooth the top.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the top is firm to the touch.
- Remove from oven and cool completely in the pan before lifting the brownie from the pan.
For the Avocado Frosting
- Place frosting ingredients in a food processor or blender along with the cocoa powder and maple syrup.
- Process/Blend, scraping down the sides as needed until very smooth.
- Add more cocoa powder or maple syrup if needed to taste.
- Spread over completely cooled brownies.
- Cut the brownie into 24 pieces and store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Recipe from: frugalmomeh.com