Brownie Batter Banana Bread (Dairy & Gluten-Free)
- Ingredients for Brownie Layer:
- Grass-fed butter, ghee, or coconut oil - 5 1/2 tbsps
- Coconut sugar - 1/2 cup + 2 tbsps
- Cocoa powder - 6 tbsps
- Egg - 1
- Vanilla - 1/2 tsp
- Almond flour - 1/4 cup
- Tapioca flour - 1/2 tbsp
- Salt - 1/4 tsp
- Ingredients for Banana Bread Layer:
- Medium bananas, ripe - 4
- Large eggs - 2
- Almond flour - 3/4 cup
- Coconut flour - 1/4 cup
- Grass-fed butter, ghee, or coconut oil, melted - 1/4 cup
- Baking powder - 1 tsp
- Baking soda - 1 tsp
- Vanilla - 1 tsp
- Salt - 1/4 tsp
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- To prepare brownie batter, melt butter or oil in a small sauce pan over medium-low heat.
- Add sugar, and whisk to incorporate for about 1-2 minutes, until sugar is no longer grainy. Take care to whisk frequently so as not to burn the sugar.
- Slowly whisk in cocoa powder, and remove from heat to cool 5-10 minutes.
- Pour chocolate sauce into a mixing bowl after cooled, and egg and mix well.
- Stir in vanilla, almond and tapioca flours, and salt and mix well. Set aside.
- To prepare banana bread batter, combine bananas, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla into a food processor and blend well.
- Slowly add in flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and blend in food processor until smooth.
- Grease a loaf pan, and pour half of banana bread mixture into pan.
- Pour half of brownie batter over banana bread mixture and gently smooth.
- Pour remaining banana bread mixture over brownie batter, and top with remaining brownie batter mixture.
- Use a knife to gently swirl brownie mixture into banana bread mixture, careful not to touch the bottom or sides of pan.
- Bake in oven for 45-55 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Recipe posted with permission from the author
Recipe author: Jessica Gaertner
Originally posted on: paleo-ish.com