Chicken Chow Mein (Dairy & Gluten-Free)
- For the Sauce
- Garlic, minced - 1 clove
- Coconut aminos - 1/4 cup (60ml)
- Water - 30ml (2 tbsp)
- Pinch of chili flakes
- Rice vinegar - 1 tsp
- Dash of fish sauce
- Fresh ginger minced - 1/4 tsp
- 1 tsp arrowroot or tapioca starch + 1 tbsp water
- For the Noodles
- Small green zucchini - 1
- Small yellow zucchini - 1/2
- Handful of shiitake mushrooms roughly chopped
- Roasted red bell pepper - 1/2
- Small spring onion finely chopped - 1
- Leftover roast chicken – I used one chicken breast, the leg meat would also be amazing; keep the skin on!
- Coconut oil melted - 1/2 tbsp
- Toasted sesame seeds to serve - 1/2 tsp
- Blend together all sauce ingredients using a hand blender with the exception of the starch and 1 tbsp water; mix together separately.
- Bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer and add the starch and water mixture.
- Allow to simmer for 3-5 minutes until thickened.
- Meanwhile create zoodles with your zucchini using a julienne peeler or spiralizer.
- Fry mushrooms in a pan with coconut oil. Add all veggies and chicken. Then pour in the thickened sauce and heat through for a few minutes.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and some extra spring onion to serve! Best served immediately!
Recipe posted with permission from the author
Recipe author: Michelle
Originally posted on: peachypalate.com