- Yield: 18
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 160
- Carbohydrate Content: 16.7
- Fat Content: 9.8
- Fiber Content: 4.4
- Protein Content: 4.3
- Saturated Fat Content: 3.5
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Sodium Content: 49.2
- Sugar Content: 5.7
- Trans Fat Content: 0
- Unsaturated Fat Content: 3.3
Chocolate Covered Pumpkin Breakfast Bars
- Sliced/chopped almonds - ⅔ cups
- Whole oats - 1¾ cup
- Ground flaxseed - ½ cup
- Sunflower seeds - ½ cup
- Toasted shredded coconut - ½ cup
- Cinnamon - ½ tsp
- Pumpkin pie spice - ¼ tsp
- Salt - ½ tsp
- Pumpkin puree - ¾ cup
- Applesauce - ¼ cup
- Honey - ⅓ cup
- Gluten-free dark chocolate - ½ cup (can use semi-sweet baking chocolate, dark chocolate chips or favorite dark chocolate candy bar)
- Coconut oil - 1 tbsp
- Honey - 1 tsp (if desired for additional sweetness)
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees and grease 9x13 pan.
- Combine all dry ingredients in large bowl, stir.
- Combine all wet ingredients in smaller bowl, stir.
- Add wet ingredient to dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared pans and press firmly with a spatula to evenly fill.
- Bake 10 minutes, then remove from oven and press down firmly with spatula.
- Bake additional 10 minutes, press firmly with spatula then bake last 5-10 minutes watching carefully to ensure they do not get too dark.
- Let pumpkin bars cool slightly, then melt chocolate and coconut oil (honey if desired) and drizzle over bakes bars.
- Set bars in refrigerator until chocolate hardens.
Recipe posted with permission from the author
Recipe author: Kaylee Pauley
Originally posted on: lemonsandbasil.com