Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cookies (Gluten-Free)
- Grass-fed butter, slightly softened - 1/2 cup
- Coconut sugar - 1 cup
- 1 egg and 1 egg yolk
- Vanilla - 2 tsps
- Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
- Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Almond flour - 2 1/4 cup
- 6 oz. dried strawberries, diced into small pieces (reserve a small amount for topping each cookie)
- 1 cup Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Chips (reserve a small amount for extra topping on cookies)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a standing mixer, cream butter and sugar together on medium speed until light and creamy.
- Add in egg and egg yolk and vanilla to standing mixer and mix on medium speed until well incorporated.
- In a separate bowl thoroughly mix flour, baking powder, soda, and salt together.
- Slowly add flour mixture to standing mixture on medium speed until dough is well formed.
- Remove bowl from standing mixer and slowly fold in strawberries and chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate dough 10-20 minutes or until it firms up.
- On a lightly greased or parchment lined baking sheet, add golf ball sized balls of dough, evenly spaced. This dough should make approximately 20 cookies.
- Lightly press extra strawberry and chocolate chip pieces onto the top of each ball of dough.
- Bake for 12 minute or until desired consistency is reached.
- Cool on wire rack, and serve!
Recipe posted with permission from the author
Recipe author: Jessica Gaertner
Originally posted on: paleo-ish.com