Chocolate Soufflé Omelet (Dairy & Gluten-Free)
- Egg whites - 1/4 cup (60ml)
- Large organic eggs separated - 2
- Cream of tartar - 1/4 tsp
- Raw cacao powder - 1 tbsp (7g)
- Pinch of pink Himalayan rock salt
- Vnilla powder or vanilla extract (not essence) - 1/4 tsp
- Liquid stevia (chocolate, vanilla, butter toffee or original) - 10 drops
- Coconut oil melted for cooking - 1 tsp (4g)
- For the Protein Icing
- Organic Whey Protein Concentrate - 1 tbsp (10g)
- Raw cacao powder - 1/2 tsp (5g)
- Water - 1 tbsp (15ml)
- Liquid stevia (chocolate, vanilla, butter toffee or original) - 5 drops
- To Serve
- Bee pollen
- Rose Petals
- Cacao Nibs
- Separate eggs. Whisk the egg whites from the whole eggs with the cream of tartar until you have stiff peaks. I use an electric whisk!
- Blend together cacao powder, stevia, egg yolks and remaining 1/4 cup of egg whites until smooth.
- Mix cacao mixture with stiff egg whites.
- Melt coconut oil in a 10-inch pan over a low to medium heat.
- Pour in souffle mix and cover the pan with a sheet of aluminium foil. Lower heat and steam for 4-5 minutes.
- Gently fold and lift onto your serving plate.
- Beat together syrup ingredients until smooth; I use a teaspoon and a small ramekin dish to do this.
- Drizzle omelet with chocolate syrup, place a dollop of Coyo on top and sprinkle with desired toppings. Dig in!!!
Recipe posted with permission from the author
Recipe author: Michelle
Originally posted on: peachypalate.com