Cookie Dough Layer Bars (Dairy & Gluten-Free)
- For the Base
- Date syrup - 2 tbsp (40g)
- Pecan nuts - 1 cup (120g)
- Walnuts - 1/2 cup (60g)
- Coconut oil melted - 2 tbsp (28g)
- Coconut flour - 1/4 cup (30g)
- For the vanilla filling
- Raw cashews soaked overnight - 80g (1/3 cup)
- Full-fat coconut milk - 60ml (1/4 cup)
- Ghee or coconut oil melted (ghee is recommended!) - 1/2 cup (110g)
- Vanilla powder or fresh vanilla seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Honey - 3 tbsp (60g)
- For the cookie dough layer
- Roast smooth cashew butter - 1/3 cup (80g)
- Maple syrup - 2 tbsp (40g)
- Coconut oil melted - 1/4 cup (60g)
- Pinch of fine grain Pink Himalayan Rock Salt
- 1/2 cup (60g) dark chocolate chunks (I used 90% cacao)
- Process base ingredients in your food processor to combine. Press mixture in a to a 6-inch loose bottom square tin. I usually just line the base and grease both it and the sides with coconut oil.
- Place in the freezer while you make the vanilla layer.
- Blend together all filling ingredients in a high-speed blender. A food processor won’t achieve the same consistency.
- Pour over the base and return to the freezer while you make the topping. It will need at least 30 minutes in the freezer before you can pour over the top layer.
- Whisk together topping ingredients with the exception of the chocolate chunks.
- Once the mixture is room temperature stir in the chocolate chunks and pour over the almost set vanilla cream layer.
- Place in the fridge to set overnight.
- Remove from the tin and slice into 9 hunky squares.
- Store in the fridge for up to 1 week or freezer for up to one month in a seal tight container.
Recipe posted with permission from the author
Recipe author: Michelle
Originally posted on: peachypalate.com