- Yield: 10-12 small trees
Creamy Peppermint Chocolate Christmas Trees
- Raw cashews - 1/4 cup (60g)
- Coconut oil, melted - 1/4 cup (55g)
- Unsweetened almond milk or full fat coconut milk - 30ml (2 tbsp)
- 1 tbsp (10g) powdered Dr Coys stevia erylite or 1 tbsp (20g) maple syrup or 1 tbsp (20g) raw honey
- Peppermint extract, not essence - 1/4 tsp
- 3 bars of Dr Coys Mint Nutritional Chocolate or 3.5oz (100g) dark chocolate of choice
- Coconut oil - 1/2 tbsp (7g
- Place cashews in a bowl, cover with cold water and soak overnight in the fridge. Drain and rinse.
- Place the nuts into a high speed blender and blend with all filling ingredients until silky smooth.
- Pour into your silicon mold.
- Place into the freezer and leave to set for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Finely chop the chocolate and place in to a microwave safe bowl or jug. Melt in the microwave. Heat for 30 seconds, remove and stir, return to the microwave a repeat twice more. Add in the coconut oil and stir so that it melts and thins out the chocolate.
- Remove the filling from the mold. Line a small flat tray with baking paper.
- One at a time place the set fillings into the melted chocolate. Remove with a fork and a spoon, using the fork to lift it up and the spoon to ensure it doesn’t fall back in. Tap off the excess and gently place onto your prepared tray. Repeat to coat the remainder. Place into the fridge to set for 30 minutes. Store in the fridge in a seal tight container for up to two weeks or freezer for up to one month.
- Remove from the fridge 5-10 minutes before serving if you want to indulge in a creamier softer fondant like filling!
Recipe posted with permission from the author
Recipe author: Michelle
Originally posted on: peachypalate.com