- Yield: 8 brownies
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
Fudge Brownies (Keto & Low-Carb, Vegan)
- Ground flax seed - 2 Tbsp
- Water - 6 Tbsp
- Creamy almond butter - 1/2 cup
- Coconut oil melted - 1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp
- Raw cacao powder or cocoa powder - 3/4 cup
- Finely ground almond flour - 1/2 cup
- Coconut sugar see note* - 2/3 cup
- Pure vanilla extract - 1 tsp
- Sea salt + more for sprinkling on top - 1/4 tsp
- Vegan chocolate chips - 3/4 cup
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a 9" x 5" loaf pan with parchment paper (or spray with cooking spray).
- Start by preparing the flax "eggs." Stir together the ground flax seed and water together in a small bowl. Allow mixture to sit, stirring occasionally, until thickened and the consistency of beaten eggs, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer the flax "egg" mixture to a stand mixer, along with the almond butter and coconut oil. Beat until well-combined and creamy. Add the remaining ingredients and continue beating until well-combined. The batter will be thick and slightly crumbly - this is normal.
- Transfer the brownie batter to the prepared loaf pan and smooth into an even layer. Bake on the center rack of the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, until set up.
- Remove from the oven and allow brownies to sit for 30 minutes before releasing them from the loaf pan. Sprinkle with sea salt (if desired), cut into squares, and enjoy.
*Replace coconut sugar with zero-calorie sweetener such as Swerve, Monk Fruit Sweetener, or Stevia to make recipe Keto. Use sugar-free chocolate chips to keep Keto.
Recipe from: theroastedroot.net