German Chocolate Cake Bars (Vegan, Dairy & Gluten-Free)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place pecans and coconut on a cooking sheet and place in oven for 15 minutes, or until slightly toasted. Set aside 1/2 cup of pecans and 1/2 cup coconut for topping.
- Add pecans and coconut to a food processor and process until it is a flour or meal-like texture. Add to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl combine almond butter, banana, cocoa powder, coconut oil and vanilla. Add to pecan-coconut mixture and mix well.
- Use your hands to mix all ingredients together well.
- Spray cooking spray (or use parchment paper) in a large loaf pan and transfer the mixture to pan and use a spatula to smooth out. Sprinkle on remaining pecans and coconut
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let cool and slice into about 8 bars.
Recipe from: athleticavocado.com