Hazelnut Chocolate Coconut Cream Pie (Dairy & Gluten-Free)
- For the Base
- Hazelnuts - 1.5 cups (150g)
- Ground almonds - 1/2 cup (60g)
- Coconut flour - 1/4 cup (30g)
- Honey or maple syrup - 2 tbsp (40g)
- Coconut oil, melted - 1/4 cup (55g)
- For the Filling
- cup (295g approx.) coconut cream (from the top of a can of full-fat coconut milk refrigerated overnight…may require more than one can!)
- 100% natural no added sugar hazelnut butter - 1/2 cup (120g)
- Melted coconut oil - 2 tbsp (28g)
- Honey (or maple syrup for a vegan-friendly version!) - 1/4 cup (80g)
- Pinch of Himalayan Rock Salt
- Vanilla extract - 1 tsp
- Vanilla Coyo - 1 tub (1/2 cup/125g)
- Raw Cacao Coyo - 1 tub (1/2 cup/125g)
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- Blend hazelnuts in your food processor to a coarse crumb. Add the remainder of ingredients and blend to combine.
- Line an 8 inch round loose bottom tin with baking paper and lightly grease the bottom and sides with melted coconut oil.
- Press the mixture into the tin, spread a little up the sides. Place a piece of parchment paper in on top of the base and fill with baking beans. Bake the base in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing the beans and leave to cool fully while you make the filling.
- Rinse out your food processor.
- Blend together all filling ingredients in the food processor and pour into the cooled base. Place in the fridge to set for an hour.
- Remove the set pie from the tin before placing the Coyo on top.
- Place spoonfuls of each of the Coyo yogurts on top of the set filling. Swirl them together a little using the end of a spoon or a blunt knife.
- Place in the fridge to firm up for a further hour or overnight. Slice and serve topped with roast hazelnuts!
- I don’t top the pie with the roast hazelnuts before slicing as they sink into the cream…purely aesthetics!
- Will keep in the fridge for up to four days in a seal tight container.
Recipe posted with permission from the author
Recipe author: Michelle
Originally posted on: peachypalate.com