- Yield: 9-10 Muffins
Hazelnut Muffins (Dairy & Gluten-Free)
- Almond flour - 1 3/4 Cup
- Hazelnut flour - 1 Cup
- Fleur de Sel (A delicate french salt) - 1/4 tsp
- Baking soda - 1 ½ teaspoons
- Large eggs - 2
- Ghee, or coconut oil - 3 tbsp
- Local Honey (I use Epicurean Honey from the local town of parachute) - 2-3 tbsp
- Apple cider vinegar - 2 tbsp
- Vanilla extract - 1 tbsp
- Preheat oven to 350° and place paper cupcake cups in a muffin baking pan.
- In a large bowl combine dry ingredients almond flour, hazelnut flour, salt, and baking soda.
- In a small bowl or I use a large measuring cup, crack the eggs and then mix them up with a spoon, then add honey, apple cider vinegar, 2 tbsp of the ghee, and vanilla extract.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well. mix will be like a thick paste.
- Spoon about 2-3 large spoons of the batter in your hands and roll gently like your rolling an egg, between your palms until it smooths into a ball.
- Place the balls into the cup lined muffin pan.
- Melt the ghee in a pan and brush on the tops of the brioche balls.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes.
- Drizzle with coconut caramel, or spread with jam and eat with your tea for breakfast!
Recipe posted with permission from the author
Recipe author: The Paleo Fox
Originally posted on: thepaleofox.wordpress.com