- Yield: 12
Lemon Chia Seed Protein Cookies (Dairy & Gluten-Free)
- Coconut flour - ¼ c (28g)
- Vanilla protein powder - 2 scoops (84g)
- Baking powder - ¾ tsp
- Xanthan gum - ½ tsp
- Salt - ¼ tsp
- Chia seeds - 1 tbsp (15g)
- Lemon zest (about 1 medium - 1 tbsp (3g)
- Coconut oil - 1 ½ tbsp (21g)
- Large egg, room temperature - 1
- Vanilla extract - 1 tsp
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 1 medium) - 3 tbsp (45mL)
- Maple syrup - ¼ c (60mL)
- Truvia - 2 tbsp
- In a small bowl, whisk together the coconut flour, protein powder, baking powder, xanthan gum, salt, chia seeds, and zest. In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, egg, and vanilla. Stir in the lemon juice and agave. Mix in the Swerve and Truvia until completely dissolved. Stir in the coconut flour mixture until completely incorporated. Let the cookie dough rest for at least 10 minutes.
- While the cookie dough rests, preheat the oven to 325°F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Drop the cookie dough into 12 rounded scoops onto the prepared baking sheet, and flatten to the desired thickness and width. (Between ¼” to ½” is best.) Bake at 325°F for 11-13 minutes. Cool the cookies on the baking sheet for at least 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.
Recipe from: fitstews.wordpress.com