Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Protein Content: 16g
- Serving Size: Per bar
No-Bake Protein Bars (Vegan, Dairy & Gluten-Free)
- Gluten-free oat flour - 1½ c
- Dried apricots - 6
- Cocoa powder - ¼ c
- Brown rice syrup - ¼ c
- Gluten-free oat flour - 1 c
- Gluten-free rolled oats - ½ c
- Vegan chocolate protein powder [we use Garden of Life RAW] - ½ c
- Sea salt - ¼ tsp
- Chia seeds - 1½ tbsp
- Hulled hemp seeds - 1½ tbsp
- Peanut butter or almond butter - ½ c
- 1 flax egg - [1 tbsp. ground flax + 3 tbsp water, mixed together in a small bowl]
- Agave or raw honey - ¼ c
- Coconut milk [from the carton, not can] - ½ c. + 2 tbsp
- Topping [optional]:
- Vegan chocolate chips - ⅓ c
- Hemp seeds - +/- 1 tbsp
- Combine ingredients for crust in the food processor until a crumbly, thick dough forms. Dump into a bowl and set aside for later.
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients for the next layer. Use a fork to mix well.
- Combine flax and water in a small bowl, stir, and set aside for a few minutes until it starts to gel.
- Add agave or honey, peanut butter, coconut milk, and flax egg to the dry ingredients. Mix roughly using the fork, then add mixture to the food processor.
- Blend until the mixture is smooth – adding more coconut milk if it is too dry. It should be thick and sticky when you're finished.
- Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment. Dump crust into the pan and press it out as evenly as possible. It helps to use a miniature rolling pin or the bottom of a drinking glass!
- Dump the next layer on top the smoothed crust and spread it out. Don't be afraid to get your hands dirty – this recipe calls for it!
- Set the pan into the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- If desired, make the chocolate drizzle while the bars chill. Melt ⅓ c. vegan chocolate chips in a double boiler.
- Lightly drizzle the chocolate across the bars and sprinkle hemp seeds over the top.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Recipe posted with permission from the author
Recipe author: Jordan Cord
Originally posted on: thefitchen.com