- Yield: 20-26 rich brownies
Paleo Fudge Brownies (Low-Carb, Dairy & Gluten-Free)
- Large eggs (about 220 grams out of the shell) - 4
- Chia seeds - 2 tablespoons
- Vanilla extract - 1 tablespoon
- Coffee - 1 teaspoon
- Unprocessed salt - 1/2 teaspoon
- 2 cups Sweetener such as Just Like Sugar Table Top natural chicory root sweetener, or 1 1/4 cups raw honey, or your favorite sweetene
- Almond butter - 1/2 cup
- Coconut oil or grass-fed ghee - 1/4 cup
- Coconut butter (If mixing by hand, soften the coconut butter gently by placing it in a warm place. If using a food processor, you can weigh it and put it in if it is solid) - 3/4 cup or 170 grams
- Pure cacao powder - 1/2 cup
- Coarsely chopped walnuts, soaked and toasted if possible - 1 cup
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Line a 9 x 9-inch square pan with parchment paper so it has over the sides like handles. (I use photo clips to hold it in place.)
- In a food processor or mixing bowl, add the eggs, chia seeds, vanilla, coffee powder, salt, and sweetener. Mix well until smooth.
- Add almond butter, coconut oil, and coconut butter. Mix well again until smooth.
- Add the cacao powder, and mix again. The batter will be quite thick. Pulse in the nuts briefly so they remain in large chunks.
- Spoon into the pan and bake 20 – 22 minutes. Do not over-bake or they will be dry and hard. Chill 2 hours for easier slicing. If you cut when hot, they may be crumbly, and that’s ok too!
Recipe author: Jane Barthelemy
Originally posted on: janeshealthykitchen.com