Paleo & Vegan Chocolate Cake (Dairy & Gluten-Free)
- Soak dates in water for minimum 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200°C / 390°F
- In a food processor blend the almonds until they turn into flour. Add in the chia seeds and pulse until everything is flour like. Transfer to a bowl.
- Place the dates in the food processor and blend until smooth. Add to the bowl.
- Add in apple sauce, cocoa powder and baking powder (omit if you are completely paleo). Mix until well combined.
- Chop the chocolate and place in a bowl together with the coconut oil. Melt over a pot of boiling water and mix into the batter.
- Grease a small pan with coconut oil and pour the batter into the pan.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes.
- Let cool completely before adding on frosting.
- Make the frosting by placing all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until completely smooth. Transfer to a piping bag and frost the cake.
Recipe posted with permission from the author
Recipe author: Josefine Meineche
Originally posted on: sproutedfig.com