Prawn and Rice Fish Cakes (Dairy & Gluten-Free)
- Uncooked basmati rice - 60g (approximately 1 cup cooked)
- Raw fresh or frozen (thawed weight) shrimp/prawns - 125g (4.5oz)
- Diced roast red pepper - 1 tbsp
- Finely diced herbs of choice; I used coriander and dill - 1 tbsp
- Spring onion finely chopped - 1
- Lime juice - 1 tbsp
- Black Pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Pink Himalayan Rock Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Coconut oil for frying - 1 tbsp (14g)
- Zucchini noodles
- Julienne radish
- Carrot noodles
- Pink Himalayan Salt, Black Pepper and apple cider vinegar to taste!
- Toasted sesame seeds to garnish
- Blend prawns to a paste in your food processor or mini chopper.
- Mix together all ingredients for the fish cakes.
- Melt coconut oil in a pan over a medium heat and preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- Mold fish cake mixture into 3-4 large patties.
- Cook in the hot pan with coconut oil for 3 minutes. Gently flip and cook for 2 minutes more. Place the pan into the oven and cook for a further 5 – 7 minutes or until cooked through. The time it takes will depend on the size of the patties.
- Prepare salad for the fish cakes. Serve fish cakes on top of the salad, garnish with sesame seeds and dig in!
Recipe posted with permission from the author
Recipe author: Michelle
Originally posted on: peachypalate.com