- Yield: 30 tortilla chips
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 20 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 0.8g
- Fiber Content: 0.4g
- Protein Content: 0.8g
- Sugar Content: 0.1g
Tortilla Chips (Low-Carb, Vegan, Gluten-Free)
- Preheat oven to 200 C (390F)
- In a small bowl add the chia seeds and water. Stir with a spoon to combine. Set aside for 10 minutes or until a gel-like texture form.
- In another large mixing bowl, add almond meal, olive oil, spices and the chia seed gel created before.
- Knead dough by hands, squeezing the mixing between your finger to incorporate the chia gel into the almond meal, until it forms a dough. It shouldn't take more than 1 minute to form a dough ball.
- Place the dough ball between two pieces of parchment paper, and roll out with a rolling pin as thinly as possible.
- Remove the top layer of parchment paper, cut out tortillas chips using a pizza cutter or sharp knife. To make triangle chips (tortillas shapes), simply place a round shape on top of the rolled dough. Cut around the lid, remove the dough outside of the lid - keep it for later to roll again and make more chips! You should end up with a circle of rolled dough. Then, using the pizza cutter cut triangle as you will cut a round cake.
- Move the dough with parchment paper onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 6 minutes, check the color and stop baking as soon as you reach a golden brown color. For very thin chips it took 6-7 minutes. For thicker chips it could take up to 8-9 minutes. I recommend you to bake for 6 minutes then check every 1 minute to avoid the chips to burn.
- Remove from the oven when golden brown and let cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet
- Use a flat tool like a knife or small spatula to remove/lift the tortillas chips from the parchment paper.
- Serve with any dip of your choice.
Recipe from: sweetashoney.co