- Prep Time: 20 minutes (plus 2 hours setting time) minutes
Zesty Lemon + Coconut Cheesecake Bites (AIP-Friendly)
- For the Base
- Unsweetened shredded coconut - 1 cup
- Soft Medjool dates (about 4), pitted - 1/2 cup
- Vanilla extract - 1 1/2 tsp
- Coconut oil - 2 tbsp
- For the Filling
- Unwaxed lemons - Zest of 2
- Lemon Juice - 1
- Coconut butter - 1/2 cup
- Coconut oil - 1/2 cup
- Coconut cream - 1/2 cup
- Pure maple syrup - 1/4 cup
- Line an 8×8 inch baking tray with a smooth layer of plastic wrap.
- In a food processor, combine the base ingredients for about 30 seconds, until the mixture starts to form a ball. Remove from the food processor and press the mixture in to the baking tray, making sure to evenly distribute it and press it down quite firmly. You can use your hands or the back of a spoon! Place the baking tray in to the fridge while you make the filling.
- Place all the filling ingredients in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Whisking constantly, heat until everything melts together to form a smooth mixture. Remove from the heat, let it cool slightly, then taste the mixture. You can add a little more maple syrup here to taste if the lemon is a little too bold for you.
- Once the filling has cooled, remove the base from the fridge and pour the filling on top. Return the bars to the fridge and leave there for 2-3 hours, until firmed up.
- Remove the bars from the fridge and use the plastic wrap to transfer them to a cutting board. Cut into 1×1″ squares using a sharp knife. Serve immediately, or place them in an airtight container and store in the fridge for future use. Enjoy!
Recipe from: thefoodieteen.com